JENNIFER JONES COLLECTION
I grew up in Inglewood California when I was a child my mother and I used to catch the bus to Beverly Hills almost every weekend and we would go to a store called Bonwit Teller to have lunch, whenever we would walk by the jewelry cases I wanted to wear everything, my favorite designer at that time was Anne Klein. I loved all of Anne Klein’s jewelry. She had big statement earrings studs, hoops and pendants with Lyons very bold and beautiful. That is what inspired me to want to design and make jewelry. All through my early adult life I made jewelry for family and friends. I also started to fall in love with the simplicity of jewelry and how it can make you feel every day how getting up and putting on my earrings every morning made me feel so pretty, one thing I absolutely do first thing is grab my earrings on the side of my bed and put them on. That’s my favorite part of jewelry my earrings! I still love bold pieces like Anne Klein but I also love every day pieces that you can just wear from morning to night and give you that feeling that says “THIS IS MYT SIGNATURE STYLE”! The Jennifer Jones Collection was born in 2010 and to this day jewelry still makes me feel the same way. I love creating with 14 karat gold filled because you can wear it every day on vacation in the water wherever you want and it does not break the bank. I am also in love with 18 karat layered jewelry that gives you that rich luxurious look when you want to stand out a little bit more.
My mission is for my customers to have my pieces for years treasure them and think about how beautiful they make them feel when wearing them.
WHAT IS GOLD FILLED?
Let's unravel the mystery of gold filled jewelry and how it sets itself apart from both solid gold and gold plated jewelry.
Gold filled, often referred to as 'rolled gold' or 'gold bonded', is a masterpiece born from fusing a layer of gold with a base metal through mechanical means. The heart of gold filled treasures usually rests upon a brass core. Through a magical marriage of heat and pressure, the gold embraces the surface of the brass in an unbreakable bond. This means the gold won't ever lose its luster, flake, or bid farewell.
Unlike a mere coat of paint, gold filled jewelry boasts a bona fide layer of gold. It stands strong between the realms of solid gold and gold plated pieces, securing its place as a lasting testament to elegance and endurance that you can wear everyday and in the water with cared for gold filled canlast you a lifetime.
HOW TO CARE FOR GOLD FILLED
Cleaning your gold filled jewelry.To create the best gold filled jewellery, you’ll need to be able to make it sparkle for your friends and family, and customers. Here are ways you can clean gold filled items:
- Mild soapy water/mild detergent and soft toothbrush: This will effectively remove residue or fingerprints and still leave a bright and shiny finish.
- Soft cotton cloth: Any clean and soft cotton cloth is perfect to polish your gold filled creations to a shiny finish. There are also jewellery polishing cloths specialised for exactly this, such as Towntalk microfibre cloths. However, some may contain chemicals that are not recommended on gold filled jewellery, so ensure that they are suitable. Do not leave chemicals on your gold filled creations, rinse and polish again with a soft cloth.
- Ultrasonic machine: Quickly and effectively cleans items. Don’t leave the pieces in for too long (check every two to three minutes), and always ensure your cleaning solution is safe to use with gold filled jewellery. Rinse with water and dry with a soft cloth when you are finished.
- Tumbler Machine: Tumble finishing can also be done to polish your gold filled creations.
WHAT IS 18K GOLD LAYERED over STAINLESS STEEL
Layering involves a chemical reaction. The reaction is between the metal and a concocted solution of gold ions without electricity. Both methods offer effective, even, in-depth plating, providing unique finishes for diverse applications.
18-k gold layering comprises 75% pure gold and 25% other metals. It has come into existence through electroplating onto a base metal.18-k gold is more durable and less likely to tarnish.
- When stainless steel is the base for gold-plated jewelry, you don’t have to worry about nickel, which can cause allergic reactions.
- CARE FOR YOUR 18K LAYERED JEWELRY
Over time, daily wear-and-tear, chemicals, and other factors will affect gold plated stainless steel. Still, there are steps you can take to keep it looking new as long as possible. Wear it intentionally. Daily activities like sleeping, cleaning, and swimming can affect your jewelry’s look. Sweat and oil from your skin can damage your jewelry while you sleep. Plus, household cleaners and chlorine can wear down gold plating and damage your jewels.
- Clean it after use. Your body oils and sweat while you’re awake can damage your gold plating too. As often as possible, wipe it down after wearing. Also, use a jewelry cleaning solution or mild soap to clean your collection frequently. Stay clear of harsh and abrasive cleaners and methods.
- Watch out for friction. Although gold plating is real gold, even the thickest options are very thin layers. You’ll want to avoid any type of rubbing or abrasion. Don’t wear your gold plated stainless steel in contact with other plated jewelry. Clean your pieces gently, and don’t rub them while cleaning. Lastly, store your gold plated numbers separately in their own pouches or soft cloths.
Allow two weeks for shipping, if you need something sooner please contact at email@example.com to see if we can send it sooner or if we can provide a faster shipping method.
Our Jewelry is all handcrafted and each piece is made per order, while our policy is no refunds we always want you to be happy, if you would like to return an item you may do so either as an exchange for another item or store credit. Request for an exchange must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of the original purchase. All correspondence should include your name, email, phone, address, copy of your order # or receipt and let us know if you would like an exchange or credit. customer is responsible for all shipping and handling cost. Jennifer Jones Collection reserves the right to deny a return request. All sales are final on sale items and flash sale purchases.
Happy to Repair! If the damage is caused by normal wear and tear it will be fixed free of charge within 6 months of purchase, If it's after 6 months we can still offer repair service for a minimal fee, please email a picture of repair for a quote to email@example.com